While chipping away at my resume, I did a little searching for tips and advice, and found this list of JobMob’s 150 Funniest Resume Mistakes. These are from actual resumes, and include such gems as:
- “Skills: Strong Work Ethic, Attention to Detail, Team Player, Self Motivated, Attention to Detail”
- Experience: “Stalking, shipping & receiving”
- Candidate’s hobbies included sitting on the levee at night watching alligators.
- “Seeking a party-time position with potential for advancement.”
- “I have an excellent track record, although I am not a horse.”
- Objective: “I want to play a major part in watching a company advance.”
- Experience: “I’m a hard worker, etc.”
- Qualifications: “Twin sister has accounting degree.”
- Accomplishments: “Brought in a balloon artist to entertain the team.”
Writing the perfect resume is hard work, and it’s easy to let typos slip through, but Wow, People.
More at the link, etc.